Judicial Separation

When parties cannot agree the terms by which they will live separately, an application to the court for a Decree of Judicial Separation may be made. The Court can make Orders in relation to all matters including custody, access, maintenance, property rights, pension adjustment orders and succession rights.

Before a court grants a Decree of Judicial Separation, there are many factors to be taken into account, such as present and future financial circumstances, living arrangements and property, children and their future needs and welfare, succession rights and pension rights.